News and Events
Print Photos from Social Networks on the go with PrintJinni™ 5.0
Users of Apple iOS™ and Android devices can now wirelessly print photos from Facebook, Flickr™, Google+, Picasa™, and other documents to a wide range of printers/MFPs/All-in-Ones.
SINGAPORE – Oct. 08, 2011 –Thinxtream™ Technologies, a global company with software products for printing applications, today announced a free upgrade to the PrintJinni™ mobile printing app for the Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch1 and Android2 smartphones and tablets.
The new PrintJinni 5.0 now supports wireless printing of photos from users’ Facebook, Flickr™, Google+, Picasa accounts directly from their mobile devices. In addition, PrintJinni now discovers and wirelessly prints to any Wi-Fi connected, ESC-P/R® based Epson printer/All-in-One and PCL3® based HP printer/All-in-One, besides printers/MFPs from other manufacturers. With these new features, and with the support for Microsoft® Office documents, Web pages, photos and PDF files, PrintJinni now offers the ability to wirelessly print a wide range of file formats from a variety of apps to a wide range of printers/All-in-Ones/MFPs.
“The new apps bring us closer to our goal of making printing from the smartphone or tablet more convenient and ubiquitous,” said Ranga Raj, Director, Thinxtream Technologies. “A single PrintJinni app offers Apple and Android mobile users a comprehensive printing and viewing experience.”
Key features of PrintJinni include:
- NEW – “Social Networks” feature that enables users to log into their Facebook (in the Apple iOS version), Flickr™, Google+ (in the Android version) and Picasa™ accounts and print photos
- NEW – Connect to any Epson printer/All-in-One supporting ESC-P/R or any HP printer/All-in-One supporting PCL3®that is SNMP-enabled with Wi-Fi support/access
- Obtain true-to-life previews and prints of documents and supported email attachments without the need for additional software or printer drivers
- Print Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents from Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010, PNG (in the Apple iOS version), JPEG, PDF files
- Use “Paste Board” feature to print other files, email content from any email configured in the device and secure web content; limited to text support in Android version
- Print web pages from any browser, using “Web Page Printing” feature in the Apple iOS version and “Print with PrintJinni” in the Android version
- Print supported files from any app that enables file sharing, with “Open in PrintJinni” in the Apple iOS version, and “Print with PrintJinni” in the Android version
- Connect to any PostScript 3/PCL 5/PCL 6 compatible printer, that is SNMP-enabled with Wi-Fi support/access; in addition, connect to any printer installed/shared through a Wi-Fi connected Microsoft Windows® PC/Apple Mac® computer from the Apple iOS version
- Select from a wide range of options including paper size, page range, number of copies, duplex and color or black & white (for faster printing and color ink conservation)
- User interface in English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean
PrintJinni 5.0 is available for Apple iOS and Android-based mobile devices via a free 30-day trial subscription in select countries through the App Store SM and Google Play. It will also be available on the Amazon Appstore shortly. Upon expiration of the free trial, users will have access to subscription packs for PrintJinni Services ranging from US$0.99 to US$3.99.
About Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Thinxtream Technologies is a global software product company, with innovative products and professional services for media, print and device management applications across a wide range of industries. Based in Singapore, Thinxtream is a subsidiary of Celstream Technologies, an established, global Product Engineering Services company, with a rich heritage in offering complete product life-cycle development services. More information on the company can be found at www.thinxtream.com.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.; Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.; App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.; Android, Google Cloud Print, Picasa are trademarks of Google Inc.; iOS is a trademark of Cisco; Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.; PostScript is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Inc.; Epson, ESC-P/R are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation; HP, PCL, PCL3, PCL 5, PCL 6 are registered trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company; Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1Apple iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0 & above; iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 & above; iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0; Apple iPad running iOS 3.2.1, 4.2 & above; and Apple iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS running iOS 3.1.3 & above.
2 2.1(Éclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).