News and Events
Thinxtream upgrades its suite of PrintJinni™ wireless mobile printing apps
Users of Apple® iOS™, BlackBerry® and Android™-based mobile devices benefit from improved Web page printing, printer discovery and multi-lingual support across all versions of the app
SINGAPORE – Jan. 24, 2012 – Thinxtream™ Technologies, a global developer of software products for printing applications, today announced enhancements to its family of PrintJinni™ wireless mobile printing apps. With PrintJinni v3.0 for the Apple® iOS™, PrintJinni v2.1 for the BlackBerry® and PrintJinni v3.1 for the Android™ platforms, users can now experience improved Web page printing, printer discovery and support for multiple languages across all versions of the app.
Thinxtream’s PrintJinni wireless mobile printing apps enable users of popular mobile devices including the iPhone®, iPod Touch®, iPad®, BlackBerry and Android-based smart phones and tablets to print a broad range of file types directly from their mobile devices to any Wi-Fi connected, PostScript® 3/PCL 5®/PCL 6® compatible printer/MFP. These include Microsoft® Office documents, Web pages, photos and PDF files.
“The enhancements to our PrintJinni wireless mobile printing apps are part of Thinxtream’s ongoing commitment to making printing from a smartphone or tablet as simple and convenient as making a phone call, sending a text or taking a photo,” said Ranga Raj, Director, Thinxtream Technologies. “With the PrintJinni app, users can quickly and easily get great quality prints of a variety of file formats from a wide range of apps, directly to any supported printer or MFP.”
Key features available through PrintJinni’s suite of wireless mobile printing apps include:
- NEW: An improved algorithm that minimizes discovery of unsupported printers
- NEW: Print complex web pages with text and graphics elements
- NEW: Language support for Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Spanish across all versions
- True-to-life print previews and document printing
- Print Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents from Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Print JPEG, PNG1, PDF files
- Print text content, graphics content1, which can be copy/pasted
- Preview and print email content and supported email attachments from any email configured in the device
- Print web pages from any browser; print secure text content, graphics content1 with copy/paste
- Print supported files from any app that supports:
- “Open in …” (Apple iOS)
- Menu Additions (Android)
- Share Feature (BlackBerry)
- Store printed documents and web pages
- Connect to any PostScript 3/PCL 5/PCL 6 compatible printer, that is SNMP-enabled with Wi-Fi support/access
- Connect to any printer installed/shared through a Wi-Fi connected Microsoft Windows® PC/Apple Mac® computer with the Apple iOS version1
- Preview and print without the need for additional software or printer drivers
- Select from a wide range of options including paper size, page range, number of copies and color or black & white (for faster printing and color ink conservation)
- Manage printers including manual addition and set default printer
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- User interface in English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- Supports iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch, BlackBerry smartphones, Android smartphones2
The PrintJinni wireless mobile printing app is available for Apple iOS, BlackBerry and Android-based mobile devices via a free 30-day trial subscription in select countries through the Apple App Store, BlackBerry AppWorld, and the Android Market. Upon expiration of the free trial, users will have access to subscription packs for PrintJinni Services, which are available at US$0.99 for 50 days; US$1.99 for 150 days; US$2.99 for 250 days; and, US$3.99 for 1 year.
More information about the PrintJinni wireless mobile printing app is available on Thinxtream’s website.
About Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Thinxtream Technologies is a global software product company, with innovative products and professional services for media, print and device management applications across a wide range of industries. Based in Singapore, Thinxtream is a subsidiary of Celstream Technologies, an established, global Product Engineering Services company, with a rich heritage in offering complete product life-cycle development services. More information on the company can be found at www.thinxtream.com.
Suzanne Collier Public Relations
+1 714 572 1498
Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.; Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes, Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.; BlackBerry, RIM, App World are registered trademark of Research in Motion Ltd.; Android is a trademark of Google Inc.; iOS is a trademark of Cisco; PostScript is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Inc.; PCL, PCL 5, PCL 6 are registered trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company; Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1 Specific feature available only in the Apple version
2 Apple iPad: iOS 3.2.1, 4.2 & above; Apple iPhone 4: iOS 4.0 & above; Apple iPhone 4S: iOS 5.0; Apple iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs:
iOS 3.1.3 & above; BlackBerry smartphones: BlackBerry Device Software versions 5.0 & 6.0; Android smartphones: Android™ Operating System
versions 2.1(Éclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread)