BUILD SMART IOT DEVICES WITH OUR ADVANCED EXPERTISE IN
IOT HARDWARE, IOT FIRMWARE AND IOT EMBEDDED APPLICATIONS
Embedded hardware and firmware are integral to your smart, IoT devices which power your connected products and smart services. They enable data collection, smart operations, edge functionality, drivers for various hardware interfaces, device to app and device to cloud connectivity using wired/wireless interfaces, security and updates.
Thinxtream has extensive expertise in designing and developing IoT devices for your Connected Products and Smart Services using multiple chipsets and operating systems.
We have implemented bare metal and operating system-based embedded hardware, firmware and applications on varied embedded platforms for smart IoT devices.
With our extensive IoT embedded systems expertise in ARM® based and other microcontrollers and microprocessors, Thinxtream can implement IoT hardware, IoT firmware and IoT embedded applications for smart devices with board support package, network connectivity, drivers for various interfaces, edge intelligence, device-to-cloud and device-to-app solutions using wired/wireless interfaces, device security, social IoT and automated testing tools.
For your legacy devices that need to be integrated into your IoT solutions, we have the IoT embedded systems expertise to design and integrate add-on hardware into your existing devices, or develop custom hardware for your existing devices or develop hardware or software-based IoT field gateways.
While we have delivered IoT devices on a turnkey basis, we have also worked in collaboration with our customer’s hardware designers and suppliers, to deliver IoT firmware and IoT embedded applications for IoT devices.
IoT Embedded Systems Expertise
- ARM Microcontrollers/ Microprocessors
- ARM based chipsets from NXP® (Freescale™), Nordic®, ATMEL® from Microchip®, STMicroelectronics®, Texas Instruments™, Marvell®
- IoT chipsets like Nordic nRF91 series, Electric Imp™, SAMA5D2 for Azure® based secure intelligent edge gateways, etc.
- Development tools: Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software, Atollic TrueSTUDIO®, Keil® µVision, NXP CodeWarrior™
- INTEL® Microcontrollers/ Microprocessors
- Intel Atom® processor and Intel Quark™ SoC based hardware
- Development tools: Intel System Studio and support for microcontrollers
- Other Microcontrollers/ Microprocessors
- PIC® and AVR® chipsets from Microchip
- ESP8266, ESP32 chipsets from Espressif™
- Development Tools Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software like MPLAB® X IDE, Atmel Studio
- Operating Systems: Linux® flavors, Android™
- Real-time Operating Systems: FreeRTOS™, Mbed™ OS, ThreadX, VxWorks®, etc.
- Bare metal based systems
- Device: Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, BLE, LoRaWAN®, NFC, LTE, Sigfox™, etc.
- Cloud: MQTT, COAP, XMPP, HTTPS, etc.
- Hardware: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE, 4GLTE hardware modules from Microchip, Qualcomm® (CSR), Silicon Labs®, Cypress®, etc.
- Edge: AWS Greengrass™, Azure IoT Edge, Google Cloud™ IoT Edge
- IoT Device SDKs: AWS™ IoT, Azure IoT, Google Cloud IoT, VMware® Liota
- IoT Sensors: Temperature, humidity, photosensors, infrared, accelerometer, gyroscope, motion detection, microphone, proximity, pressure sensors, etc.
- IoT Actuators: Relays (switches), motors, solenoids, valves, etc.
SEGGER Embedded Studio®, Atmel Studio, TI Code Composer Studio™, Wind River Tornado®, Wind River® Workbench, etc.
Development frameworks like Microchip Advanced Software Framework (ASF) & Atmel START, STM32CubeMX
Compilers, programmers and debuggers
Intel IoT RFP Ready Kits and its integration with various IoT solutions
UPM (Useful Packages & Modules) Sensor/Actuator drivers using MRAA input/output library interface
Intel specific developer tools like compilers, system debuggers, platform analyzers, etc.
Development frameworks like MPLAB® Harmony, MPLAB Code Configurator, Microchip ASF
ESP8266 & ESP32 SDK
ESP32 C/C++ OCD Debugging & Cross Compiler
Have you integrated your IoT solution with your enterprise systems?
Connect with us today to implement IoT integration.
Leveraging our advanced IoT embedded systems expertise, Thinxtream can deliver IoT hardware design, development and testing for low cost and small footprint Microprocessor & Microcontroller based IoT devices to power your Connected Products and Smart Services vision.
- Requirements & feasibility study, evaluation of IoT hardware design alternatives
- IoT hardware system design, proof of concept solution, prototype development
- Interface design and support
- Hardware interfaces including UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, PWM, GPIO, etc.
- Modules like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LCD, buzzers, buttons, LEDs
- Various applications protocols, IoT sensors and IoT actuators
- Component definition, benchmarking & selection of the right MCUs and other hardware, cost comparison between vendors
- IoT hardware design documentation, schematic symbol creation, schematic creation
- BoM generation & review
- PCB symbol creation, PCB layout design & review
- Component procurement, PCB fabrication, PCB assembly
- Electrical validation, power on test, board bring up, integration and testing of embedded IoT firmware
- Pilot production
- Volume manufacturing support
Does your IoT solution require a new generation of IoT devices?
Connect with us today to build smart, secure, edge intelligent, low powered connected devices.
After the IoT hardware for your IoT device is developed, Thinxtream can provide Microprocessor & Microcontroller based IoT firmware design, development and testing for your IoT devices. Leveraging our advanced IoT embedded systems expertise, Thinxtream can deliver board support package, network connectivity, device drivers and power management to enable your Connected Products and Smart Services vision.
Board Support Package
We provide the board support package as part of the IoT firmware. The board support package comprises board bring-up and validation of the IoT hardware prototype to ensure that all board components are working, peripherals are connected correctly and the board is up and running.
- Board assembly verification
- Basic IoT hardware testing
- Boot code implementation/updation, if required
- Operating system and compiler integration, flashing, booting and testing, if applicable
- Low-level device drivers implementation to test peripherals
- Basic embedded application implementation to validate that the IoT device is up and running
After the board support package is complete, we enable network connectivity for the IoT device as part of the IoT firmware. Based on your requirements, the IoT device can communicate to the external world via a mobile app using Bluetooth or BLE, or a Wi-Fi router in the network or directly to the Internet using 4G/LTE, LoRaWAN, etc.
- Study to evaluate and recommend suitable methods to connect your IoT device securely to the Internet
- Implementation of selected connectivity options:
- LAN/Wi-Fi to connect your IoT device over the IP network to the Internet
- Bluetooth/BLE to connect your IoT device to a mobile app/field gateway, which communicates with servers/applications on the Internet
- 4G/LTE for direct connectivity to the Internet, bypassing local wireless network
- LoRaWAN in case your IoT device has low power requirements
- Zigbee, Sigfox, Dash, etc. based on your IoT device requirements
In addition to the board support package and network connectivity, we develop device drivers as part of the IoT firmware. Device drivers are used to drive the peripherals, including sensors and actuators.
- Porting of vendor-supplied drivers for communication frameworks such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth for the specific processor/operating system powering your IoT device
- Development of serial drivers and support for hardware interfaces for UART, I2C, SPI, USB, ADC, PWM, GPIO, etc.
- Development of drivers for board peripherals like external timer, LEDs, LCD, buzzers, buttons, ADC, piezo, etc.
- Development of drivers for various IoT sensors and IoT actuators
- Implementation of custom firmware interfaces for serial to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi interfaces and vice versa
Along with the other IoT firmware, we also implement power management utilities for your IoT devices, which are crucial to reduce power usage and enhance battery life.
- Implementation of low power modes based on IoT device activity
- Implementation of power management software